Including Cat Town in your estate planning can save the cats at highest risk of euthanasia for years to come. Together, we can truly transform what is possible for shelter cats.
Making Donations Through Your Will or Trust
There are a number of simple ways to include Cat Town in your will or trust.
Adding text, like the statements noted below, will ensure that you are supporting our lifesaving work!
Will/trust text examples for different gift types:
- Specific amount: “I leave (dollar amount) to Cat Town.”
- Specific asset: “I leave my (piece of property) to Cat Town.”
- Residuary gift (ensuring any debts, expenses, and taxes are covered by the estate): “I leave the rest, residue, and remainder of my real and personal estate to Cat Town.”
- Contingent gift (ensuring debts, expenses, and taxes are covered by the estate, and certain criteria are met):“I give the rest, residue and remainder of my real and personal estate to my (relative type), (relative’s name), if he/she survives me. If not, I leave (percent) to Cat Town.”
Donating Remaining Retirement Assets
A gift from your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan, is another way to ensure that any retirement savings you haven’t used during your lifetime will support an important cause.
Because we are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, transferring assets to Cat Town provides significant tax benefits to your estate as well. Ask your plan custodian for a beneficiary designation form, and at-risk cats will receive the full value of your gift.
Gifting Life Insurance Policies
Cat Town also accepts planned gifting of life insurance policies. This is another option to help support Cat Town’s work well into the future. If you wish to make a lasting legacy gift to Cat Town, please consider making Cat Town the primary or contingent beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Legal name: Cat Town
- Address: P.O. Box 18675, Oakland, CA 94619
- Federal tax ID: 27-3838132
- Organization status: 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Please consult your financial, tax, and/or legal advisors to determine the benefits of making a gift.